archive-de.com » DE » T » TROMPETER-VON-SAECKINGEN.DE

Total: 122

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • St. Fridolin's Cathedral | Der Trompeter von Säckingen
    in Saeckingen including the church and the monastery with all the archives That is the reason that there are no older documents in existance The legend tells us that St Fridolin built the first wooden church in Saeckingen In the 9th century a new church was constructed The restaurated crypt of that former building still exists There are also the remains of Romanic alterations about 1960 Cathedral about 1960 In 1343 the construction of the Gothic cathedral started In 1581 82 a restauration began but again in 1678 a fire destroyed the roof the towers and the Gothic decoration From 1698 to 1740 the cathedral was changed into the Baroque style In a new Baroquisation from 1752 to 1755 the church became as it is today Postmark 07 04 1945 The portal before the changes in 1911 Postmark 05 07 1908 The exterior of the cathedral is composed of nearly every style of western art There are pre romanic and romanic fragments beside the dominating gothic style The portal the towers the chapels and the windows are baroque as is most of the interior Recent changes Cathedral with Scheffel Monument about 1910 In 1806 the monastery was disbanded and the

    Original URL path: http://www.trompeter-von-saeckingen.de/english/hist/fridolinsmuenster.htm (2016-02-14)
    Open archived version from archive


  • Trumpeter's Castle | Der Trompeter von Säckingen
    soon became very important The family bought that house In the 15th or 16th century they extended the old house into a castle with four towers on the corners as you can see it on the Merianstich The Schoenau Castle about 1920 In 1628 the family was divided into different lines and the castle came into the posession of the family Schoenau Oeschgen The founder of this line Otto Rudolf was the father of Maria Ursula von Schönau the wife of Franz Werner Kirchhofer The Schoenau Castle about 1920 In 1700 the castle was altered to its present form The old castle was given a new big roof Two of the towers were pulled down the two others were made higher and the new middle tower was built The interior was renovated in the baroque style The Schoenau Castle with the Park about 1920 The surroundings of the castle were changed into a park The Schoenau Castle about 1900 In 1756 the Schoenau Oeschgen family died out The castle was sold In 1830 Michael Graß bought it and set up a brewery in it In 1856 Theodor Bally bought the castle and restored it In 1928 the castle came into

    Original URL path: http://www.trompeter-von-saeckingen.de/english/hist/schloss_schoenau.htm (2016-02-14)
    Open archived version from archive

  • The Castle today | Der Trompeter von Säckingen
    s Cathedral Trumpeter s Castle The Castle today Trumpet Museum Bergsee Buildings Streets Squares Home Historic Town Views The Castle today Trumpeter s Castle Schloss Schoenau today The Trumpeter s Castle is the meeting point of the municipal council There is also the local museum with a lot of interesting collections in it Schloss Schönau Schloss Schönau with the Trumpeter Trumpeter s Castle with the park Trumpeter s Castle with

    Original URL path: http://www.trompeter-von-saeckingen.de/english/hist/schloss_schoenau_heute.htm (2016-02-14)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Trumpet Museum | Der Trompeter von Säckingen
    The Castle today Trumpet Museum Bergsee Buildings Streets Squares Home Historic Town Views Trumpet Museum Trumpet Museum The most important collection in the Trumpeter s Castle is the Trumpet Museum The museum is opened on Tuesday Thursday and Sunday from 14 00 to 17 00 2 pm 5 pm Instruments in the Museum In the Trumpet Museum The Bedinelli Trumpet Trumpets in the Museum Trumpet Workshop in the small builiding

    Original URL path: http://www.trompeter-von-saeckingen.de/english/hist/trompetenmuseum.htm (2016-02-14)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Bergsee | Der Trompeter von Säckingen
    lake Bergsee Originally the lake Bergsee was only a little pond called Schwarzsee or Stadtsee The monastery used it for fish hatching Scheffel gave it the new name Bergsee which means mountain lake The Bergsee from the west with the Eggberg in the background Postmark 20 06 1933 Since the 18th century there had been plans to bring the water into the Gewerbebach to supply the industry with water In 1803 the lake got a new exit The natural flow off was closed by a dam and the water was lead through the mountain to the Gewerbebach The lake was dammed up a lot The Bergsee Postmark 01 07 1931 As well as this the Bergsee became an attractive place for leisure activities From the 19th century onwards Saeckingen residents and tourists visited the lake Soon they build a foot path around it and in 1873 the Bergsee Restaurant was opened There was even a little steamboat In summer people could swim in winter everybody was iceskating Postmark 30 10 1905 Please click on the following pictures to see them bigger Postmark 15 05 1912 Postmark 03 07 1931 Postmark 22 01 1929 Postmark 02 07 1908 Postmark 18 07

    Original URL path: http://www.trompeter-von-saeckingen.de/english/hist/bergsee.htm (2016-02-14)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Buildings | Der Trompeter von Säckingen
    the villa was restored and changed into a House of Culture Gasthaus zum Goldenen Knopf about 1920 The Gasthaus zum Goldenen Knopf is one of the oldest restaurants in town It s origins probably go back to the monastery lodging in the Middle Ages Until 1860 it was located at the Cathedral Square Then it moved to the current building beside the Town Hall Rhine terrace of the Goldener Knopf with the Wooden Bridge in the background Postmark 10 05 1926 Hotel Rheinblick the most beautiful place on the upper Rhine Postmark 05 05 1935 The hotel existed until 1964 when the new power plant was built Hotel Rheinblick the most beautiful place on the upper Rhine The former owner Mr A Kaehny promoting his restaurant Postmark 14 08 1917 Hotel Schuetzen Magarethenlaube Hotel Schuetzen in the Steinbrückstrasse about 1936 It was built in the 19th century and pulled down in 1974 Please click on the pictures to see them bigger Scheffelhaus the Hallwyler Hof circa 1900 The Hallwyler Hof at the German end of the Wooden Bridge was built in 1600 It did not burn down during the great fire in 1678 and gives an impression of the way

    Original URL path: http://www.trompeter-von-saeckingen.de/english/hist/gebaeude.htm (2016-02-14)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Streets & Squares | Der Trompeter von Säckingen
    called Marktgasse The Rheinbrueckstrasse about 1940 The Rheinbrueckstrasse with Scheffel s House and the entrance to the Wooden Bridge about 1940 The street got its name in the 19th century Before that the northern part was called Marktgasse and the southern part Rheingasse The next streets are much younger Where the Schuetzenstrasse and the Steinbrueckstrasse now are was formerly the right branch of the Rhine Over the centuries the northern branch dried out In 1830 it was filled in Saeckingen lost its unique island but gained an important area for new suburbs The Schuetzenstrasse Postmark 10 09 1903 It was constructed in 1886 along the former fortification It took its name from the Hotel Schuetzen The Steinbrueckstrasse Postmark 04 09 1905 Just here under the street is still the old stone bridge It connected the town with the northern bank and was one of the oldest stone bridges across the Rhine Please click on the pictures to see them bigger Rheinbrueckstrasse about 1941 Saeckingen was a town on an island with two bridges connecting it to the banks The Rheinbrueckstrasse was the most important street and connected the bridges avoiding the monastery district Rheinbrueckstrasse Postmark 23 07 1905 Most of

    Original URL path: http://www.trompeter-von-saeckingen.de/english/hist/strassen_plaetze.htm (2016-02-14)
    Open archived version from archive

  • E-Cards | Der Trompeter von Säckingen
    Views Historic Town Views St Fridolin Fridolin Procession Town Views Wooden Bridge St Fridolin s Cathedral Trumpeter s Castle The Castle today Trumpet Museum Bergsee Buildings Streets Squares Home E Cards E Cards Would you like to send an e card If you would like to send an electronic greeting card please click on your favorite card The system works in German but it s not difficult at all Motiv

    Original URL path: http://www.trompeter-von-saeckingen.de/english/ecards.htm (2016-02-14)
    Open archived version from archive



  •