archive-de.com » DE » H » HISTORISCHES-MUSEUM-FRANKFURT.DE

Total: 358

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • Historisches Museum Frankfurt - Museum under Construction
    new quarters this collection must now likewise leave its traditional storage depot These works of jewellery some of a highly fragile constitution were made from very different materials In order to work efficiently it was necessary to develop a packing system that would meet the requirements of this highly heterogeneous collection A further aspect was the manner in which these works have been stored to date highly unsatisfactory from the conservatorial standpoint and to be optimized for the future The individual pieces of jewellery were packed with archival quality materials in such a way that none of them can move within their packaging More specifically the materials used were non ageing acid free archival cardboard and tissue paper non ageing polyethylene foam and soft cotton ribbon Every piece no matter how small was furnished with its own label bearing the respective inventory number and matrix code The process of packing the objects of which a number are quite tiny took several weeks One of the more difficult challenges was the packing of costume jewellery made of early plastics and already badly damaged on account of their rapid ageing Yet silver filigree work on rosaries and jewellery belonging to traditional costumes

    Original URL path: http://www.historisches-museum-frankfurt.de/index.php?article_id=502&clang=1 (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive


  • Historisches Museum Frankfurt - Museum under Construction
    the so called friction idiophone became a much sought after musical instrument It enjoyed a phase of high popularity and well known composers such as Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Johann Christian Müller wrote music for it In the early twentieth century it underwent a revival when Richard Strauss integrated it in his opera compositions The historisches museum frankfurt s glass harmonica measures 0 91 metres in height 1 225 in width and 0 45 in depth The restoration work encompassed the stabilization of loose areas of the veneer with animal glue and the cleaning of the original lacquered surface with distilled water Missing elements such as the mouldings on the square tapered feet were replaced with walnut wood and then chromatically tuned with watercolours Dammar varnish was used to give these sections a sheen corresponding to that of the original elements surrounding them Inserted one into the other the glass bowls are mounted on a joint horizontal metal spindle and set in motion by means of a pedal Tones are produced by touching the rims of the bowls with moist fingers The sound box is a body constructed of walnut wood and softwood with a nut wood veneer In keeping

    Original URL path: http://www.historisches-museum-frankfurt.de/index.php?article_id=562&clang=1 (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Historisches Museum Frankfurt - Collections
    a superficial resemblance to the original instruments pommer dulcian In addition to the alto pommer constructed by the famous instrument making family Denner in the early eighteenth century the historisches museum has an equally valuable dulcian in its holdings With its incised date 1605 and the Frankfurt eagle it bears reference to the so called Kapellmusik ensemble music performed in Frankfurt s Barfüßerkirche Church of the Discalced Friars founded toward the end of the sixteenth century The instrumentalists whose number ranged between eight and twelve were responsible for providing musical accompaniment to the worship services taking place in that church Later they also played for secular events The instruments were not their personal property as is common today but were placed at their disposal Since wind instruments cannot be retuned at will it was necessary to have instruments permanently tuned to certain keys In the absence of standardized orchestras every ensemble thus had its own acoustic character and individual reference tone Of the twelve superb Kapellmusik instruments in the historisches museum one can be associated directly with the name of a particular instrument maker the columnar recorder built by Hans Rauch Schratt enbach Only five further columnar recorders by this family of instrument makers are known to date Together they form a set of Tenor recorders with case containing space for three further recorders instruments with differing pitches The appearance of such a set is revealed by two Frankfurt Kapellmusik instrument sets with their original cases Not all of the instruments have survived but the pitches of the instruments now missing can be reconstructed on the basis of the tubes length The earliest woodwinds in the collection presumably made in an Italian workshop belong to one of the two instrument sets According to the Inventarium Librorum Instrumentorum Musicorum drawn up

    Original URL path: http://www.historisches-museum-frankfurt.de/index.php?article_id=304&clang=1 (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Historisches Museum Frankfurt - Museum under Construction
    on the north side of the Zeil to serve the counts of Hesse Darmstadt as a town residence An imposing structure with a splendid Baroque facade the Darmstädter Hof was later converted into a hotel In March 1871 no less a personage than Emperor Wilhelm I himself resided there In 1899 the building was torn down to make way for the M Schneider department store At that time the city of Frankfurt purchased the façade for 25 000 marks Two hundred cubic metres of stone were initially placed in storage in Gutleutstrasse to be moved in 1952 to a location in the Stadtwald in the vicinity of the motorway junction Frankfurter Kreuz There in three large heaps they served a flock of moufflons a type of wild sheep as a suitable climbing landscape Now with funds provided by the Frankfurt Department of Culture and in coordination with the city forest administration the historisches museum frankfurt was given the opportunity to examine the objects and salvage a small selection As it turned out an average of ten stones without ornamentation had to be lifted assessed and rejected for every one stone of art historical interest The conservatorial condition of the remaining

    Original URL path: http://www.historisches-museum-frankfurt.de/index.php?article_id=514&clang=1 (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Historisches Museum Frankfurt - Museum under Construction
    March in conjunction with the vacation of the historisches museum for its demolition in May Frankfurt s deputy mayor in charge of culture Prof Dr Felix Semmelroth and museum director Dr Jan Gerchow elucidated the present status of the project New Municipal Museum symbolically laying their hands on the statue of Charlemagne in front of the entrance The sun shining brightly on the scene Frankfurt watched as the two ton

    Original URL path: http://www.historisches-museum-frankfurt.de/index.php?article_id=513&clang=1 (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Historisches Museum Frankfurt - Das Kronberger Haus
    Sitz der Höchster Freiwilligen Feuerwehr Seit dem ausgehenden 15 Jahrhundert bekleideten Mitglieder der Familie von Cronberg hohe kurmainzische Verwaltungsposten und führten für die Mainzer Kurfürsten in Höchst und anderen Orten die Verwaltung aus So war auch der Erbauer des Kronberger Hauses Franz von Cronberg 1545 1605 von 1579 bis zu seinem Tode als Amtmann Franz von Cronberg in Höchst tätig 1570 heiratete er Katharina von Hattstein 1615 die ihm fünf Kinder gebar Für sich und seine Familie ließ er von 1577 bis 1580 das Haus im Stil der Spätrenaissance bauen Für die damaligen Verhältnisse war das Adelspalais sehr fortschrittlich ausgestattet wie noch heute einige Baureminiszenzen belegen 1605 gelangte das Anwesen in den Besitz der Familie Walbott von Bassenheim und später in das Eigentum von Höchster Bürgern Von 1777 bis 1800 diente das Kronberger Haus als Druckerwerkstatt und von 1800 bis 1844 als Tabakfabrik Im 19 Jahrhundert wurde das Haus baulich mehrfach verändert 1862 kam es in städtischen Besitz Von 1874 bis 1909 diente es als Rathaus Schule und Bibliothek mit naturwissenschaftlichem Kabinett Seit 1879 hat die Höchster Freiwillige Feuerwehr im Kronberger Hof ihren Sitz Nach der Verlegung der Stadtverwaltung in den Bolongaropalast 1909 verfiel das Anwesen allmählich 1984 finanzierte die

    Original URL path: http://www.historisches-museum-frankfurt.de/index.php?article_id=139&clang=0 (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Historisches Museum Frankfurt - Das Kronberger Haus
    Gründung der kurfürstlich privilegierten Porzellanmanufaktur 1756 Konkurs der 1 Eigentümer Johann Christoph Göltz 1756 1759 Insolvenzverfahren im Auftrag des Mainzer Pfandamts 1759 1764 Erfolgreiche Firmenleitung unter Johann Heinrich Maas und Laurentius Russinger als Modellmeister 1765 Umwandlung des Unternehmens in eine Aktiengesellschaft Eintritt des Porzellanmodelleurs Johann Peter Melchior in die Manufaktur 1767 1779 Johann Peter Melchior ist Modellmeister in Höchst 1778 Auflösung der Aktiengesellschaft die Manufaktur wird Staatsbetrieb 1792 1793 Revolutionäre Kriegswirren und die französische Besetzung von Mainz beschleunigen den Niedergang der Höchster Porzellanmanufaktur 1796 Stilllegung 1798 Versteigerung der Höchster Porzellanfabrik samt Inventar 1840 1884 Steingutausformungen aus den originalen Höchster Figurmodellen in der Steingutfabrik Damm bei Aschaffenburg 1886 1887 Übernahme der Höchster Modelle und Formen durch die Steingut und Fayencefabrik Franz Anton Mehlem in Poppelsdorf bei Bonn 1903 Verkauf der Höchster Formen an die Porzellanmanufaktur Dressel Kister Cie nach Passau und Überarbeitung der Formen 1906 1942 Ausformung der alten Höchster Modelle als Althöchster Reproduktionen in Passauer Porzellan 1927 Ankauf eines kompletten Satzes Althöchster Reproduktionen durch die Stadt Höchst und Präsentation im Bolongaropalast 1946 Ausstellung und Vortrag 200 Jahre Höchster Porzellan in Frankfurt Höchst 1947 Neugründung der Höchster Porzellan Manufaktur durch Rudolf Schäfer Produktionsstätte in Sossenheim 1965 1966 Wiederaufnahme der Produktion in

    Original URL path: http://www.historisches-museum-frankfurt.de/index.php?article_id=141&clang=0 (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Historisches Museum Frankfurt - Das Kronberger Haus
    zwei Drittel der Höchster Erzeugnisse des 18 Jahrhunderts aus Vasen und Servicen bestand Den an Umfang und Wert bedeutendsten Zuwachs erhielt die städtische Porzellansammlung 1910 Damals erwarb das historische museum mit Zustimmung des Magistrats der Stadt und mit Hilfe des Fördervereins 86 bedeutende Höchster Porzellangruppen aus dem Nachlass des verstorbenen Mainzer Bankiers Oppenheim 1931 erlebten die Porzellansammlungen der Stadt Frankfurt am Main einen tiefen Einschnitt denn Adolf Feulner der zugleich Direktor des historischen museums frankfurt und des Frankfurter Kunstgewerbemuseums gewesen war vereinigte die Porzellanbestände beider Häuser ließ sie neu ordnen und aus dem alten Bestand einige Höchster Porzellan und Dammer Steingutfiguren verkaufen Dabei gelangten leider nicht nur Dubletten sondern vereinzelt auch Unikate in den Kunsthandel Den Zweiten Weltkrieg überstand die Porzellansammlung nahezu unbeschadet Seit den 1950er Jahren kamen weitere Stücke durch Ankauf Schenkung oder Vermächtnis ins Haus Ganz besonderer Dank gilt der Schenkung Kurt Bechtold von 1997 und der Schenkung von Sanofi Aventis Deutschland GmbH von 2009 Dank dieser großzügigen Zuwendungen gilt die Höchster Porzellansammlung des historischen museums als bedeutendste und umfangreichste ihrer Art Aber nicht nur in Frankfurt auch in Höchst war man sich stets der alten Porzellantradition bewusst Schon 1894 plante der Verein für Geschichte und Altertumskunde Frankfurt

    Original URL path: http://www.historisches-museum-frankfurt.de/index.php?article_id=140&clang=0 (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive



  •